Friday 24 November 2006

UNION MAID

There once was a Union Maid
Who never was afraid
Of goons and ginks and factory finks
And the deputy sheriff who made the raid
She went to the Union Hall
When a meeting it was called
And when the company guards came round
She always stood her ground

Oh you can’t scare me I’m stickin’ to the Union
I’m stickin’ to the Union, I’m stickin’ to the Union
Oh you can’t scare me I’m stickin’ to the Union
I’m stickin’ to the Union, till the day I die

This Union Maid was wise
To the lies of the company spies
She’d never be fooled by the company stools
She’d always organise the guys
She’d always get her way
When she struck for higher pay
She’d show her card to the National Guard
And this is what she’d say

A woman’s life is hard
Even with a union card
She’s got to stand on her own two feet
And not be a servant of a male elite
It’s time to take a stand
Keep working hand in hand
There is a job that must be done
And a fight that must be won